Thursday, July 09, 2009

The next step...


There's an apple all the way up on the oh-so-tall-and-impossible-to-reach tree. It's shiny, red and it looks juicy to me haha... So it makes me ponder, should i climb the tree in order to get the apple? Or should i just settle for the plate of peeled oranges nicely placed on the dining table within my reach?
At first i saw it as a form of escape for myself, as an easy way out of my current situation. That is why i decided not to give in...
But there's a twist: during the time I was being indecisive, all the oranges have been eaten by other people. I'll have to wait for the next harvest for oranges if i want any... So before I realise it, I'm already halfway up the apple tree.
To test myself perhaps, or that I feel that there's no road leading to where i want to be in the future if i had taken that option...
But I'm tired... I haven't eaten anything before I was climbing and I'm feeling tired. I'm sick of climbing this stupid tree. I feel stupid for deciding to climb it when i already knew that my chances were slim. Now i'm stuck at a position too high for me to go down but far too low for me to reach the apple...
However as things go by it seems more and more impossible for me to move on, and more than ever it seems like there's no other options...
But (again), since there're no oranges for me even if i manage to go back, why don't i just give it a shot? Continue climbing the tree and i might reap a reward... And at that time i'm sure it'll taste even better...


But that only means i'm going even higher up... And the higher i go, the more devastating any fall will be...


However (finally a change in conjunction), my option seems to be clear at this time... Just concentrate on climbing first. Even if i do fall, i suppose a new round of oranges will be served soon after (even if i'll have to eat with plasters and bandages over me). Although, of course, it would equate to a whole load of time wasted.


The ending of this story is yet to be decided and i'm not in any position to make any predictions. All i'm capable of doing now is to try my best for the best possible outcome. In the meantime, i shall chow down on some okashi to cheer myself up for the moment. Optimism and mental well-being will be necessary weapons if I'm going to push myself forward...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home